Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hair and Makeup Inspirations for Fall/Winter 2012

I can't wait for autumn to start next month and start getting ready for the upcoming season. I have been looking at this years fall collections for some hair and makeup inspiration. Here are a few that caught my eye.

I like the idea of using hair accessories to liven up a hairstyle like they did at both Rodarte and Dolce & Gabbana. Or the simple messy wavy hair that they did at Gucci and Proenza Schouler. The timeless chignon at DVF or the messier version at Michael Kors. The sleek low ponytail at Dior is simple yet chic. My favorite hairstyle is one that I have been doing since before I saw it on the Valentino runway. It's so incredibly easy to do side twists on both sides of your head and then pin them down and make a cute little bun on the end.

One of my favorite eye makeup looks has always been the cat-eye.  It was all over the runways in colors like red and orange or in blue as seen at Anna Sui. I do however prefer the dark smoky eye that makeup artist Pat McGrath did at both Lanvin and Versace.  My favorite take on it has to bee the cool smoky eye shown at Armani.

There is something so alluring and feminine about a red lip. There were different variations of it like the beautiful deep aubergine color done at Rochas. Deep bordeaux lipstick at Gucci or gorgeous wine color lips at YSL and Bottega Veneta.


Images: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment